SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took our XC90 on a long highway trip for the first time. Car did great except we found out that the sunroof does not seem to be completely latching. It rattles up and down with the wind at high speeds.

Anybody else have this problem? Any easy fixes known?

Thanks in advance everyone.
Cheers,
T

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Sunroof rattle - Anyone else? (tpezzolo)

I have a similar problem, but in my case I believe the issue is with part of the sunroof shade cover rattling. I've heard it's an arduous effort to fix, and it's best to live with it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Sunroof rattle - Anyone else? (nsany)

Definitely not the shade cover. At highway speeds, with the shade cover open, you can visibly see the glass pane moving up and down as it rattles. At a stop, you can press up on the sunroof and move it up and down with your hand.

I did some searching here, and closely inspected the sunroof over the weekend. An obvious way to tighten things up didn't jump out at me. Anyway, I bought the Benevento sunroof wind deflector. have not installed yet. I am hoping that it helps keep the wind off of it, and thereby stopping the rattle. I'll update this thread when I have some results.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Sunroof rattle - Anyone else? (tpezzolo)

Yikes, that sounds like a pretty bad issue. Does it leak during rainy weather?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Sunroof rattle - Anyone else? (nsany)

No leaks noticed yet, but haven't had it in a lot of weather either. There is a drain up there I understand. So I'm hoping if it does leak, the drain will function properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts