SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'd like to begin by apologizing for cross posting in the R forum. However I believe our cars have the same sunroof assembly. With that said I'm hoping that someone on this forum could give me a hand in solving my problem. About a week ago my sunroof stopped working. It will make a clicking sound (motor seems to be working) but the roof won't retract. When I pulled off the accordion type covers one of the four screws attaching to glass to the guide rails was missing. I was hoping that all it would require would be replacing the screw to correct the alignment but when I visited the dealer today they said that it was much more than that (asked me to come in at another date to diagnose it). Out of curiosity I decided to take a look for myself. I took the glass off and the left arm that lifts the roof seems to be sticking when I try to retract it (the right works without any problems). It still makes the clicking/grinding noise. It seems like the left arm doesn't slide back on the guide rail as it should. What kind of money should I expect to pay to replace and install the left arm and rail assembly?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Sunroof problems (aidan)

Not good Aidan.
I will guess you are going to need new lifts and cables.
From memory its about a 4 hr job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts