SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

If you will recall, I recently had a run in with a bad hail storm that cause significant damage to my 07 S60R. Insurance paid to have it PDR'd and it looks GREAT! However, they had to drop the headliner to fix the roof and now, after reassembly, their is a very loud wind noise coming from the sunroof area when I drive. I returned it to the shop and they realigned the sunroof, but the noise is still there.

Any ideas on the cause? Is there a piece that was left out in the reassembly? I'll have to take it back again and the shop is keen on making it right, but I thought it would be nice to give them some hints as I don't think they work on too many Volvos.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
6,436 Posts
Hi Everyone,

If you will recall, I recently had a run in with a bad hail storm that cause significant damage to my 07 S60R. Insurance paid to have it PDR'd and it looks GREAT! However, they had to drop the headliner to fix the roof and now, after reassembly, their is a very loud wind noise coming from the sunroof area when I drive. I returned it to the shop and they realigned the sunroof, but the noise is still there.

Any ideas on the cause? Is there a piece that was left out in the reassembly? I'll have to take it back again and the shop is keen on making it right, but I thought it would be nice to give them some hints as I don't think they work on too many Volvos.

Thanks,
Jeff
Are you sure it's e sunroof? Could it be the top windshield rubber strip which is to seated properly making that noise? Post photos of the roof area and we will chime in

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it's e sunroof? Could it be the top windshield rubber strip which is to seated properly making that noise? Post photos of the roof area and we will chime in
Pretty sure. I say that because when I close the interior sunroof slider, the noise is greatly diminished. I'll go take a couple of pics right now...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pretty sure. I say that because when I close the interior sunroof slider, the noise is greatly diminished. I'll go take a couple of pics right now...
Here are some pics. They did quite a bit of work between the windshield and the sunroof but did say that they did not remove the windshield.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4 - the seal is lifted slightly on this side. Could this be the problem?

Pic 5

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: I took it in to the local Volvo dealership and they removed and replaced the sunroof assembly according to the VIDA instructions. Good as new! The issue was that the body shop did not properly align the sunroof when they installed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts