SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have had this issue 2-3 times now. I would be demanding the sunroof closed and the motor would drive it to full open, then the switch could not command closed after. Playing with the switch and with some time would fix the situation. I have read on some of the forums that it's also somehow tied into the alarm module and if the battery is going it might effect the sunroof as well.
I have had the msg on a few occasions as well that alarm was triggered.
Is there any truth to the sunroof acting in strange ways due to the alarm battery going?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Could just simply be the switch.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Not sure about the battery going, take your car to a local auto shop and have them do a load test on the battery, they should be able to clear that up for you pretty fast. (Usually free too)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Funny you should mention this. When I first got my S40, a few months later I had the sunroof acting weird--like not closing all the way when I would use the switch. I replaced my battery about a month later as it wasn't supplying enough current (verified by two different service shops). Not sure if this was related, but since you mentioned it...well, interesting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This worked for me when mine got confused...found it in a post here on swedespeed

---------------------------------------------------

Sunroof recalibration procedure

The sun roof must be closed.
Ignition in position I.

Press the control's rear edge upwards in the vehicle until the sunroof is in its tilt position (ventilation position).
Release the control.
Move the control button forwards for approximately 30 seconds, until the sunroof moves approximately 2 mm and the motor stops.
Release the control.
Move the control forwards within 0.5 seconds and keep in position while the sunroof runs a complete cycle (moves to its fully open position and then to its fully closed position). When the sunroof has stopped, recalibration is complete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts