SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmm... i had the sunroof leak last night in my car.

We got a heavy rain with thunder and lightning, woke me up.

When I got in the car this morning, I noticed water pooled in my rubber floormat on the passenger side.

I dumped the water out when I got to work. It looks like the floor is a bit damp over there as well.

I pulled the passenger A-pillar cover and noticed a little wetness there, also the headliner is a bit damp in the front passenger corner.

I left the windows down hoping to dry things out a bit, but I believe that there is a very thick layer of foam under the carpet, so I suppose I'll need to pull the carpet eventually.

I was looking at the sunroof, and there was some solid debris right in the area of the drain. I wonder if it's possible the drain could have clogged on the sunroof itself, rather than down in the door.

No rain on the seats, that's nice.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I blew out the drain with compressed air and tested it by pouring water into the sunroof water lip area. Took two tries with the air before the water drained as it should.

A guy walking by on the sidewalk asked if I was watering it to make it grow. Ha ha.

Got a good rain and no signs of wetness inside.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
We used to have an 850 sedan which has similar drains at the front corners of the trunk lid. I used to take a garden hose, kink it to pinch off the flow of water, then press the open end to the drain hole, and geeeently open it up to blow out the crud. I had to do it once or twice every year.

Be careful with compressed air, it can put quite a bit of stored pressure behind the clog. If the fitting lets go before the debris, you're in for a bigger job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts