SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your thoughts about getting my sunroof fixed. I already emailed my local mechanic to see if he would take on this job. I am do not want to go to the dealer but I don't know enough or seen enough from my searches to find out about this.

Anywhoooo, here is what happened.

I was taking off my sunroof to get to my sunshade and dropped a torx screw that holds the sunroof in the rail in the rail. I lost sight of the screw trying to fish it out with my fingers, so I used a pick to find it, which I could not find. I turned on the sunroof to see if I could jar it loose. It hit the screw and eventually popped loose so I can see it again. But not without some bumping noise as the sunroof would not budge initially.

When I put my sunroof back on I noticed that one side is sitting up higher than the other. I took the sunroof off again and took a closer look.

The Passenger side (where the torx screw got stuck) appears to sit up higher at all times. The way the tilt position operates the lever as it pushes forward lifts the sunroof up. What I can't tell is that due to my screw up, if the passenger side is too high or if the driver side where I did NOT lose the torx screw is too low. Because in the tilt position it does feel like it doesn't go high enough, but that could be my imagination. I do know for sure that passenger side rail is in a more forward position than the driver side.

Any advice would be appreciated. The picture is in its closed position after I followed the reset sunroof calibration option.

IMG_1672.jpg IMG_1670.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Loosen the screws and push it up or down to adjust and then tighten while holding the glass in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wouldn’t budge. I removed the screws and took the sunroof off. And as described in my post, it was one those screws that got stuck in the rail.

2010 xc90 3.2 | 2017 Prius V Five

1 - 3 of 3 Posts