SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i left my sunroof on tilt over night and it got very cold. i went to shut the tilt this morning and the sunroof went down to close and then it kept sliding back all the way instead of just stopping when it closed. so now the button does not respond to go forward and its all the way back stuck open. it only clicks.

it was soooo cold on the way to work this morning lol.

please help someone. i tried pulling the fuses but when i hit the button for forward nothing happens and if i go back it just clicks.

is there anything i can do?

thanks
col

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
See if the sunroof pull cover is still freely moving. If its jammed up, you may have to replace one of the slider clips which are known to go bad and jam up the sunroof.

If its not that let it sit in the sun with the heat on to warm up the drive system to see if that corrects the issue, could have just been the extreme cold messing with the mechanism.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The slider is stuck back too...is it possible for it to be off track or something ....I don't get why the button does not respond to going forward. It's like the sun roof thinks it's closed

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
The slider won't pull forward of the glass, but are you saying its jammed in one place? If so that's a big sign that the clips that move the cover have broken and jammed up the mechanism. If so don't keep trying to open or close the glass or you will only tear up things worse than they already are.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A glass shop was able to get it closed for me.....they took the motor out and it slid forward no problem.

Is there anywhere besides the dealership I can get it fixed ?

The glass shop was really sure what was wrong they just said the motor teeth where bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts