SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to purchase either FIRESTONE FIREHAWK INDY 500 or Nitto NT555 G2 Both in size 235/40R/18
Simple Tires have them both on sale through tomorrow. Anybody have any experience with these two UPH tires? Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
I switched same size from Michelin Pilot Super Sports to the Firehawks recently and don't miss the MPSS at all. Very pleased for almost half the price.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My nitto nt555 tires came on the car when I got it over a year ago so I didn’t experience them brand new. That being said they weren’t too shabby and did well in the California rain and always held good grip in the corners. Only complaint would be I’ve always been able to break the front wheels a little loose since I got the car. Granted once more I’ve had the tires towards the second half of their life span. I’ve personally been planning on getting the Indy 500s for my next tire based on the countless good reviews on them. Tell us what you go with!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have heard very good things about the Firehawks 500s... apparently they are a rebadged Bridgestone.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/f...awk-indy-500-wait-bridgestone-r/110937/page1/

I'd still take the BFG Comp2s over these, strictly on the basis of wet weather traction. OTOH, I'm just leaving the winter tires on teh R year-round as dismounting/rebalancing is a pain and I still have far more cornering and braking traction than I can ever use on the street. And no hydroplaning aeven at 90mph in the rain...

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Michelin Pilot Super sports.
Their great. I heard the new 4s version is good too.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I switched same size from Michelin Pilot Super Sports to the Firehawks recently and don't miss the MPSS at all. Very pleased for almost half the price.
Agreed 100%. I have a set of 235/40/18 Indy 500's mounted on Pegs. They handle, brake, and ride as well as Michelin PSS or PS4S in the dry and wet for about half of the price. The only downside is flat spots for the first half mile or so in sub-50 degree weather. Regardless, they are amazing summer tires for any price, and I highly recommend them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts