SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Volvo have a summer shutdown on the XC60? <p>Any changes for what is arguably the startup for MY2010 (regardless of what's already been marketed as 2010)?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Summer shutdown (rfkuehn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>rfkuehn</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did Volvo have a summer shutdown on the XC60? <p>Any changes for what is arguably the startup for MY2010 (regardless of what's already been marketed as 2010)?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>The entire factory shuts down for 3 weeks, each year.<p>No changes between early MY10s and current MY10s (other than adding the 3.2L in FWD and AWD to the line up).<p>

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: Summer shutdown (GrecianVolvo)

I read, that Volvo did make some changes in the 2010 XC-60s. In one of the first car tests magazines ( not current comparison test) , they said that in the US the first XC-60s rode to rough on American roads and Volvo was going to make a modification to the suspension to future XC-60 to make it ride smoother. The writer expressed concerns it would become too soft and wallowy.<p>FWIW.<p>ron

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Re: Summer shutdown (240_XC90)

That's an intersting observation. It might not be widely known, but one of the main reasons for the US model's softer suspension is much rougher highway surfaces, compare to Europe. I believe that every OSDier will agree with me that our cars ran much smoother in Europe.<p>The difference is quite noticeable. The stiffer Euro-suspension can seriously impact the luxurios appeal of a car.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: Summer shutdown (rfkuehn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>rfkuehn</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did Volvo have a summer shutdown on the XC60? <p>Any changes for what is arguably the startup for MY2010 (regardless of what's already been marketed as 2010)?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>The steering wheel will receive the same as the other P3 cars which is slightly smaller and better looking.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Summer shutdown (240_XC90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>240_XC90</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read, that Volvo did make some changes in the 2010 XC-60s. In one of the first car tests magazines ( not current comparison test) , they said that in the US the first XC-60s rode to rough on American roads and Volvo was going to make a modification to the suspension to future XC-60 to make it ride smoother. The writer expressed concerns it would become too soft and wallowy.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>To your point, this came from the new Edmunds comparison test...<p>Unlike the agile European-spec XC60 we'd driven previously, this U.S.-market model drew criticism for its numb steering and marshmallow-grade suspension tuning. "If you really enjoy driving," the most damning assessment reads, "you'll be disappointed."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts