SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Is amazing! :D

Went to my indy (who installed my shocks a month or so ago) to install my StopTech rotors and pads and do a brake fluid flush over the weekend. After the shocks were installed (fronts were brand new, rears had 1,000 miles on them, bought from a member here), the car drove strangely. The rear shocks bottomed out, side-hop was excessive, there was a weird popping noise in the front. We went through all the suspension components, replaced control arm bushings, but it didn't fix it. So, he decided to do a SUM calibration after the brakes were done.

I read that a SUM calibration isn't necessary when shocks are replaced. Well, in my case, the car is literally a completely different animal. The rear shocks don't bottom out, the car tracks incredibly well, the popping noise has disappeared. A totally different car :D. Took it out on a canyon drive that night and it drove better than it ever had in the 3 years I've owned it. I was thinking of selling it but now it's leaning more towards being a keeper.

Cliffs: Get a SUM calibration! It's awesome :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
A SUM calibration is needed after any work is done to the suspension system. Especially after the Struts are replaced....

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
A SUM calibration is needed after any work is done to the suspension system. Especially after the Struts are replaced....
+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts