SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO my chassis service required light is on...i think it is the control chip thing....<p>so i am replacing my endlinks and ball joints (seperate issue) and i was thinking while im in there should i throw on some eibach springs before taking it to the dealer to figure out the 4C issue so when it is fixed they can recalibrate with new springs on? if im gonna have to drop a few hundred at the dealer prolly would it be worthwhile to sink the extra (less than) $300 and get a drop? or will i also need the rear adjustable camber bushings from IPD for another $200......

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: SUM/4C/Chassic Question (ClemsonS60R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ClemsonS60R</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SO my chassis service required light is on...i think it is the control chip thing....<p>so i am replacing my endlinks and ball joints (seperate issue) and i was thinking while im in there should i throw on some eibach springs before taking it to the dealer to figure out the 4C issue so when it is fixed they can recalibrate with new springs on? if im gonna have to drop a few hundred at the dealer prolly would it be worthwhile to sink the extra (less than) $300 and get a drop? or will i also need the rear adjustable camber bushings from IPD for another $200......</TD></TR></TABLE><p>What control chip thing? <p>Most of these issues are usually from bad sensors or shocks. Not 4c itself. <p>correct the issue before you drop the car. You're not saving any money trying to do things at the same time. Really, those installs are separate procedures. <p>Recalibration is a 5 minute thing which just re-zeros the height sensor in the rear. It really shouldn't cost you much to do that.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i think it is the sensor is what i meant because i put the new spring seats on and when we had the shocks out there werent any issues and rebound seemed fine....

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (ClemsonS60R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ClemsonS60R</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i think it is the sensor is what i meant because i put the new spring seats on and when we had the shocks out there werent any issues and rebound seemed fine....</TD></TR></TABLE><p>How soon after this did you get the error message?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts