SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For a week now, I have a weird thing going on. When I start my car and it's been at least 5-6 hours since its been turned off, I get the active chassis settings message. So I just turn the car off and restart it; no more message. Also, if i stop the car for a couple of hours and restart it, no message.

I scanned the car with Vida and I get SUM-0081 stored in memory; no other codes. So that code is accelerometer supply sensor signal too low.

Questions :

1- How many of those sensors we have on that car?
2- Where are they located?
3-Anybody experienced that themselves?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate for the info!

Several weeks back, I had a problem where all active chassis settings indicators would all light together and I had the message also. Traced the problem to my sum that was taking in humidity (and a lot!). Relocated the sum and problem was solved. But......... inside the sum, some parts were oxydized bad. I think the supply voltage from the sum to the sensors may be just a bit low and when the car has started, voltage gets up a little; enough to have no more message.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks mate for the info!

Several weeks back, I had a problem where all active chassis settings indicators would all light together and I had the message also. Traced the problem to my sum that was taking in humidity (and a lot!). Relocated the sum and problem was solved. But......... inside the sum, some parts were oxydized bad. I think the supply voltage from the sum to the sensors may be just a bit low and when the car has started, voltage gets up a little; enough to have no more message.
Where is the SUM located?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes the Sum is near the gas pedal.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
The SUM computer is located in the drivers foot well attached to the center console down low near the floor.

EDIT - Here's a quick pic:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where is the SUM located?
Under the center console in front of the shifter and under the shifter cable.

@crazyace1104 : Did a SUM calibration yesterday when I changed my coil springs. Didn't help for the problem.
@Denis : Maybe it was the AC condenser or maybe it was the the non stop rain we had weeks back. The floor carpet and foam was practically soaked in the SUM area. The ridicule thing is that when I got the car, an experienced Volvo tech told me to relocate the SUM and I said "sure hum hum ok...." but he was damn right, should have listen to him.

I'll probably take the SUM out again, open it and clean it as much as I can. After, I'll spray some pcb varnish to seal the components.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts