SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Suggestions for Overseas Delivery Resource

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SteingoldVolvoCars 
#1 ·
Hello All: I am new to the forum and am looking to purchase my 1st Volvo. I know, I know, why did I wait so long....well, four kids in college, etc... At any rate, I contacted our local dealer and he said, "What's OSD?" I see that Bob Kennedy has retired. Is there another person or two out there that one might recommend to assist us? I don't want to be the learning curve for my local dealer. Looking at June 2021 delivery.

#3 ·
We can help for sure!

Visit the site below, as we are a sponsor of BuyVolvoFlySweden.com and can help facilitate your OSD order anywhere in the US, and arrange direct shipment nationwide at no charge.

https://buyvolvoflysweden.com/home

Also, checkout our offer below:

Place your Overseas Delivery order through Steingold Volvo Cars in Pawtucket, RI,
and take advantage of the following offers:

*COMPLIMENTARY*
Volvo VIP Tire & Wheel Protection Bundle Plan
(60 Months/Unlimited Miles)
Premium Coverage
Retail Value: $953.00
+
*COMPLIMENTARY*
Home Shipment Services Direct to your Home/Office
or local Volvo Retailer
(certain state restrictions apply)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Just wanted to pass along the travel update for OSD Sales - see below:

Current Overseas Delivery customers with a Volvo on order:

For those with scheduled delivery between March 17th and May 31st, there are several options:

Option 1*:
Travel: Reschedule your trip to Gothenburg within the next twelve (12) months.
Vehicle Delivery: We will ship your Volvo as soon as its ready.

Option 2*:
Travel: Cancel your travel indefinitely. You will still have the option to re-book your travel within the twelve (12) months of your original scheduled delivery date.
Vehicle Delivery: We will ship your Volvo as soon as it’s ready.

Option 3*:
Travel: Depending on your scheduled travel date, you can wait and decide later you’ll need to do so least two (2) weeks ahead of the delivery date. You will also have the option to reschedule your trip within the next twelve (12) months or cancel your travel.
Considering an order of a Volvo through the Overseas Delivery Program
You can still order a 2020 Volvo and schedule your delivery in Gothenburg no later than September 30th. If the COVID-19 situation has not improved and/or travel bans are not lifted as your delivery date approaches, we will ship your Volvo and you can reschedule your travel within twelve (12) months as noted above.

In summary, please rest assured - if you have ordered a new Volvo or are considering ordering one, we at Volvo want you to travel when it is safe and when you feel comfortable doing so. The health and well-being of you and your family is our top priority. If you have any questions, please contact your retailer or our Customer Care Team (overseas@volvoforlife.com).

You will still receive the same benefits as you would have when picking up your Volvo including the hotel accommodation at the Clarion Post, the factory tour and dinner. We will have your Volvo shipped to your retailer as soon as it is available to book for shipment.

Best Regards,
Your Volvo Overseas Delivery team

*Please note the following: Final payment must be completed with the retailer before your car can be released, your travel destination will need to remain Gothenburg, a rental car will not be provided in Sweden, any change fees or difference in fares will be covered by Volvo as it relates to the Airfare to and from Gothenburg to your hometown. Volvo is not responsible for reimbursements of any additional travel booked outside of the program offer or any additional airfare or hotel accommodations purchased by the customer. No cash reimbursement will be made if a customer chooses not to travel.
Overseas Delivery

#5 ·
Just a few clarifications about the 12-month trip re-scheduling option - see below direct from OSD Department:

“If the vehicle is a direct shipment from the start, a customer can reschedule his/her trip up to 12 months from order placement. If they chose a date to pick it up in Sweden and THEN decide to direct ship it, they will have 12 months from that date. We will continue to monitor that as the COVID-19 situation in the world changes. If some customers would like to forego their trip altogether, they absolutely can do that. However, the OSD travel perks are not redeemable for cash value, therefore no refund or credit will be given.“

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.