SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Subwoofer installation

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  TheDane 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I need your help. I have purchased a BOSS GT1280 amp and a 800W Alpine E-series subwoofer. Now I want to intall it but I'm not sure which wires to tap in to (High performance sound) and how to actually do it.

Your help is appreciated as always. Thanks in advance. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Subwoofer installation (TheDane)

Most likely you want to tap into the rear speakers with a hi-low converter. Not too sure on the color codes, should be attached to the AFM unit in the trunk.

I assume you only have standard and not preimum sound. You may want to put a low pass filter on the speaker lines so that only the bass gets through.

#4 ·
If you have the same setup as I do, this should help you:
Notice the CS+ and CS- on the left - that's center speaker. RR is right rear, etc. Wire colors are on the wire (WH-RD means white wire with red stripe). Factory amp should be left rear of your trunk as you look at it. In the pic below, you can see how close it is to the taillight (white)

Remove the interior panel and you can remove the amp with 3 10mm nuts quickly and it makes it easier to pull the connectors out. Be careful with the fiber optic one.

#8 ·
Re: (mattdoc)

That is exactly what I bought today!

I don't have the center speaker so I should be fine I guess. The boss amp has a feature that allows me to turn down the sub via remote, so I will have the same option. Not through the original hu though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.