SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, wife and I just purchased a 2019 XC90 T6 Sig and unfortunately when I crank the music I can hear a rattle in the passenger speaker, upon initial test drive I thought I heard it as well but the salesman eased my concern. It's associated with the bass and not the sub from what I can tell with adjusting the sliders. Anyone else have this issue? Is there any way to fix or repair this? Am I just destined to be annoyed every time I want to crank the bass in my brand new car? Haha.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Of course your dealer should fix it - but most likely it is obe of the plugs that can, wiggle too much. I had the same problem, fixed it myself with some electrical tape. Best way for your dealer to test it: remove the doorpanel, and then play a bass-test-app over bluetooth, at (for example) 65Hz. Makes finding the culprit way easier!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I found that a lot of my door rattles were coming from the "light pipes" (i made up that term) that run through the map pockets. Basically there is an LED inside the door panel that's connected to a clear plastic "tube" that runs the length of the map pocket to illuminate it, sort of like fiber optics. This piece rattled badly in both of my front door panels when I cranked up the music. I took some little pieces of rubber and stuffed them in between the plastic and the front of the map pocket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to have my 19 XC90 serviced twice to fix the rattles. I have the B&W audio system and the rattles were embarrassing.

They removed the chrome Inscription door moldings on the outside and used some double stick tape so they would not rattle and had to put a good amount of foam in both front door panels to get rid of the rattles that were on the inside.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hello, wife and I just purchased a 2019 XC90 T6 Sig and unfortunately when I crank the music I can hear a rattle in the passenger speaker, upon initial test drive I thought I heard it as well but the salesman eased my concern. It's associated with the bass and not the sub from what I can tell with adjusting the sliders. Anyone else have this issue? Is there any way to fix or repair this? Am I just destined to be annoyed every time I want to crank the bass in my brand new car? Haha.
This has been posted about extensively. Do a search for door rattles and you'll see several threads pop up. The dealer can only do so much to mitigate this. You have to remove the door panel and use Dynamat all over to get rid of it completely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts