SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I Lied the sub is installed...<p>But Currently I wired up a switch since I could never find a 12v acc wire. However read a few post lately I see that a fuse in the truck is a Accessory turn on... But which one???<p>Currently a JL W7 10" with a JL 500/1 amp. The amp has signal Sense but it will cause a reverb when the car is turned off for well I have never found out how long but its long enough and LOUD enough to freak out...<p>Any Ideas???<p>EDIT: I found Fuse 20 Shuts down after like 5-10 secs when the car is in Acc or off, Its only on when the car is in ON mode. But still it causes the Crazy Bass effect.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Re: Sub Install, Remote Power On (MacFreak21)

You could just run the remote wire under the back seat, and down the door sills until you reach the amp under the passenger seat. It shouldn't be that hard but I'm not sure what the wire colors are that run to the amp. I would think that would be your safest bet so you don't do any damage to your sub, it's too expensive for that.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I am thinking about that for the meantime I have it tapped off of the rear tail lights. They are only on when the car is on and I no longer have a loose switch... I am not fond of drilling holes in the dash or seat side.<p>But I would rather have it tapped of a fuse still, or the factory amp if someone knows the colors.<p>EDIT: Okay this is weird??? When the car is in the ON position but not running the amp works great... But when the car is running the amp is on but almost no bass. I can see when the car is started the amp's Power light flickers as if the tail lights lose that much voltage. <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by MacFreak21 at 6:10 PM 6-1-2009</i>

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: (MacFreak21)

<A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=118991" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=118991</A><p>i dont know how to post a link apparently... its the "Doing a sub install myself" thread.<p>Dont use the rear running light wire for remote turn on, i did it, it worked for a while then it started to blow fuses for all right side of the car stuff. i know in the VR rear fuse box there is the rear aux power fuse that worked for me...but i dont think u have that. check that thread and somewhere in there they reference another one, you should get some answers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: (v0lv0steve)

ahh...the link works after you post it...now i know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts