SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what is up. I have new OEM plugs, new IPD HD coils, had the fuel pump replaced and new air filter. Plus no codes have popped up....well no CEL anyway. It's happens mostly after startup even if it is warm. I think it's occurring under boost, but am not totally sure. Please help.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wonder if it could be that I am low on gas and the pump sucked some crap out of the tank.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Try a can of seafoam and a full tank of preimium fuel. You could always disconnect the inlet of fuel filter, and pop it in a gallon jug and turn the car to position two and see what comes out.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Studdering under load sounds like it could be a fuel delivery issue, can you read your fuel rail pressure with a scan gusge or something similar?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Would a faulty tcv cause this? Mine didn't stutter but the boost would build, dump, build, etc.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had as well as other have had aweful stuttering after having fuel pump replaced. Mine ended up being the in pump filter getting clogged with $hit that wasn't there before the dealer worked on it..

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's really weird because this afternoon the car was just fine. If it happens tomorrow I will try what you suggested Kyle. Fuel filters are not too expensive although I changed mine less than a year ago; can't remember if it was before or after the dealer replaced the pump.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Studdering under load sounds like it could be a fuel delivery issue, can you read your fuel rail pressure with a scan gusge or something similar?
What function or code on the scan gauge will show me that?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I think it is one of the built in functions that shows as FPR, it should be arount 58PSI when crusing. It might have been one of the programmable X-guage functions but I don't think so. IIRC only air fuel ration had to be set up using the x-guage function. Mine is a scan guage II

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it is one of the built in functions that shows as FPR, it should be arount 58PSI when crusing. It might have been one of the programmable X-guage functions but I don't think so. IIRC only air fuel ration had to be set up using the x-guage function. Mine is a scan guage II
I am pretty sure mine is a 2 as well. It's definitely fuel pressure that is the issue; the stutter coincided with a drop to almost 50 with a slow recovery. The weird thing is that it happens so randomly.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Where is the fuel filter located and how hard is it too change? I've never changed mine before.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I am pretty sure mine is a 2 as well. It's definitely fuel pressure that is the issue; the stutter coincided with a drop to almost 50 with a slow recovery. The weird thing is that it happens so randomly.

I vote fuel pressure sensor

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
that will usually throw a CEL in most cases at least mine did. Could it be a vacuum leak? Check the boost lines? Maybe do a smoke test?

I mean so many things can throw those symptoms, its a crap shoot.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Me too. Justin I have a new filter at home if you want it. You will like the price..... FREE.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could it be the TCV? I have the infamous gen 1 IPD TCV. Also, what are our cars supposed to show for voltage whilst running? Mine is showing 13.4 at idle on my scan gauge.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
@ Slvr S60R: check PM.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Should be 12 off, 13.4 at idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts