SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a message on the dash: Regular Maintenance Service.

I'm at 97,700 miles... that's an odd service interval... what could it be? Oil change? I just did that a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Just got a message on the dash: Regular Maintenance Service.

I'm at 97,700 miles... that's an odd service interval... what could it be? Oil change? I just did that a couple weeks ago.
The service interval light isn't something that is consistent from factory to present time...Different variations of intervals could have led up to this 97,700 mark.

The indication itself doesn't mean anything unless you are religious to regular maintenance periods. As long as you maintain your vehicle in a timely manner this is something that can be regularly ignored.

Enjoy:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?75559

Credit to George @ Viva

Feel free to include this thread in the FAQ:
Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-

The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on.
Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):

-Ignition position I

-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer

-Ignition position II.

Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.

-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.

Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.

-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded

-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.

Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it means you need to get off your rear and do your tranny flush =)
Is it the weekend yet?

.... no, it isn't!

:p

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well drive on down & get a head start on it for me :D

Should only take you about 8 hours to get down here from there in your caR.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Well drive on down & get a head start on it for me :D

Should only take you about 8 hours to get down here from there in your caR.
I would love to try a tranny flush for the first time, thanks for letting me learn on your car!

Im on my way right after million dollar listing is over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol... No problem!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts