SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through a bunch of threads and didn't quite come up with a clear answer.
On an 06 S60R (w/premium package and NO Nav), can you use both the factory sirius connection and the factory ipod connection or do they share the same input?
And, does the ipod connector work with the new 30GB ipods?

Thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: stupid question -- factory sirius and factory ipod? (Pat S)

Hi Pat,
It sounds like you got "Sat prep", if so you will need this part..30660440 iPod Adapter Wiring Harness, type 2. If you don't have the Sat Prep then you will need this part... 30664142 iPod Adapter Melbus Cable, type 1. Here's a web site that has decent prices and info if you are looking to purchase...http://vparts.autowebaccessori...9.php
If you want to view the instructions IM me with your email address and I will send you a 5.8mb scanned zip file to understand it all. And yes all 5th gen iPods work, in fact better then 3rd and 4th gen.

-Dan

·
Registered
824 Posts
Re: stupid question -- factory sirius and factory ipod? (Pat S)

Actually no you cannot unless you want to bang your head against the wall with all the noise you will hear.

I had both plus Nav, Volvo bought them back and has issued an internal memo not to sell both for install on the same car.

Better off with USASpec and aftermarket Sirrus.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: stupid question -- factory sirius and factory ipod? (ForceReconTrojan)

Just wanted to follow-up that I ordered the parts exactly as bayflash described and it all works perfectly. Install was easy and I had no issues. (Except for the normally Gen 5 Ipod issues which I knew would happen.)

Thanks bayflash!
Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.