SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side power window has started to automatically reverse itself when going up.

It closes and immediately opens again. It did it once yesterday, (the first time it ever has done this) and just now it took me 3 trys to get it to stay closed

It is almost as thought the safety feature is sensing something in the way. I can only think that this is going to get worse

Does anyone have any idea what I will need to replace to fix this?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
i had this happen to me a couple times... changed the battery and it hasn't happened since. could be a coincidence but...

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Bender)

Thanks, the battery is only a few years old, but I am thinking disconecting it for 30 min or so & reconnecting can't hurt

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (jstro)

Quote, originally posted by jstro »
Thanks, the battery is only a few years old, but I am thinking disconecting it for 30 min or so & reconnecting can't hurt

That might help. What was the temp out when it usually happens?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: (cmurphy2266)

my passanger window does this as well. I push the auto button, it goes up and then opens about 4 inches. i have to manually close it to get it to work

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (cmurphy2266)

Quote, originally posted by cmurphy2266 »

That might help. What was the temp out when it usually happens?

60 to 70 ish and rainy

Only happen the last two days

·
Registered
404 Posts
The window motor has lost its calibration, and collides with the door frame. The spike in amperage causes the pinch protection to be activated and automatically reverses the windows direction.

Sometimes you can reset it it by pushing the window switch to the first detent, not all the way to auto down, and roll the window all the way down. after the window stops, hold it in that position for 2-3 seconds. then release it and push it all the way down to the auto down detent. After that, do the same thing for up. Dont go all the way, just the first detemt. when it stops, hold it for 2-3 seconds, then release it. Then go all the way up to auto detent.

If that doesnt work, disconnecting your batter can cause the motors to lose calibration, letting you set them again. Most likely it will have to be reset by VIDA if your still having problems.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Turb04S60)

Quote, originally posted by Turb04S60 »
The window motor has lost its calibration, and collides with the door frame. The spike in amperage causes the pinch protection to be activated and automatically reverses the windows direction.

Sometimes you can reset it it by pushing the window switch to the first detent, not all the way to auto down, and roll the window all the way down. after the window stops, hold it in that position for 2-3 seconds. then release it and push it all the way down to the auto down detent. After that, do the same thing for up. Dont go all the way, just the first detemt. when it stops, hold it for 2-3 seconds, then release it. Then go all the way up to auto detent.

If that doesnt work, disconnecting your batter can cause the motors to lose calibration, letting you set them again. Most likely it will have to be reset by VIDA if your still having problems.

Thanks for the tip , this seemed to do the trick

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: (coolbob37)

Thata what I did except Volvo in NYC charged more than $50 never had the problem again, that was on my old 01 s60. Also had a problem with the sunroof, overpaid for that fix eventually someone on SS posted a DIY fix for that.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: (coolbob37)

Quote, originally posted by coolbob37 »
just go down to the volvo dlr and ask them to reprogram i did it last wk for $50

Why pay 50 bucks when he just did it for free?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts