SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already read most the posts on the fuel cap light causing the CEL. So more of a rant....

R is back in the shop today! fourth time since I bought it 2 months ago. First time It happened quick, fuel cap message-CEL. Replaced the filler cap and the message kicked on the next day. This time it took about two days, tripped the CEL(second time). So I dropped her off today and got a SWEET, SWEET base model charger that smelled like a rent-by-the-hour Hotel room!!
And had ZERO guts!!! So I returned that after driving it for about an hour. They now gave me A Mazda six(not the speed)
. But I guess it could be worse.
I will say Carmax has been really cool about all of this and It hasn't cost me a penny:thumbup:
I was a little nervous being that they are such A big dealer that they were gonna be ***** about it. But not so far.

Carmax Took It to the Volvo dealer here for the software update. So hopefully that's all she needs! If It happens Again I'll let you guys know my outcome!

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Re: STUPID CEL!! ARRGH! (ATXS60R)

I get the gap cap error randomly, for no apparent reason. I ignore it, it goes away, the world is happy.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: STUPID CEL!! ARRGH! (GiRaff3)

Quote, originally posted by GiRaff3 »
I get the gap cap error randomly, for no apparent reason. I ignore it, it goes away, the world is happy.

+1

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ATXS60R »

Carmax Took It to the Volvo dealer here for the software update. So hopefully that's all she needs! If It happens Again I'll let you guys know my outcome!

Hopefully its the software, its a freebie from the dealer anyway, 10 years or 120,000 mile extended warranty program P45.

Mine was eventually a bad Diagnostic Leak Pump and not S/W or a cap.

·
Registered
621 Posts

Had same issue. Volvo America Tech told my mechanic "that reason customer has this code is because customer doesn't know how to screw a gas cap on properly." I almost dropped a duece right on the floor of the shop after hearing that. What a fn morron!!

It was a Diagnostic Leak Pump which i've been trying to tell them for over a year.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its one thing to drive a car around with a cel on when you've owned it a while. But as I mentioned its only two months old(to me). I guess I'm just not willing to do that with MY new car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.