SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after my lady used my car I noticed the passenger side window goes up when i push the button, but when it gets to the top it goes back down on its own....not all the way but sometimes halfway and sometimes just so its cracked open. it did this once before and I fixed it (I dont remember what I did). has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It will stay up if after I roll it up if I continue holding the button down for a few seconds, But I kinda have gotten used to the auto feature and want it back....

·
Registered
46 Posts
the window is off track just a smidge. lower it like 6 inches and see if you can carefully move it back and forth.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
my driver window is starting to do that too, i just hold the up until it closes

the track probably bent outward over the years, my last car i just sprayed a bit of lube straight into the track and it fixed it for a couple weeks but came back eventually, might have had better luck with some lithium grease and with a little pipe on it for less of a mess :thumbup:

worst youll have to replace the track or regulator

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Mine does it but it's intermittent. And it seems to happen if I try to raise more than one window at a time. Like if I try to do the back window (which is cracked) and the front driver's window which is open all the way it seems to do it then. every couple months it'll do it for a few days then go away.

And all windows are tight.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Like I said it did it once before....I know it's not off track. and nothing is wore out, It's a 2008. I'm starting to think its my stereo's fault with all the bass...

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
This happens window calibration gets offset for some reason, try this:

It does this when the DDM or PDM loses its memory of the window stop position for whatever reason as a safety feature. No parts are required to be replaced in most cases just merely a reinitialization. Which can normally be done by holding up on the switch after manually rolling up the windows or may require VIDA. Either way quick and easy and generally no parts are at fault.

Role the windows up manually to the closing point and then hold the window button in the up position for 6 seconds.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Im sorry maybe I misunderstood your problem. When you press and release the window up button does the window go all the way up(closed position) and then roll back down or does it start to roll back down before closing fully?

I had the problem of the window starting to roll back down before closing fully and this worked for me.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sounds like you need to recalibrate the window, this happened to me recently I tried this:
1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.

2. Install fuse back into position.

3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it engaged for 5 seconds after the window has reached the fully closed position.

4. Verify window is now working properly.

5. If this procedure does not work, a scan tool that can access the Passenger Door Module (PDM) and Drivers Door Module (DDM) will be needed.
--------
The auto up or down function will be engaged if the button is pulled to the second step. The first step is for manual operation. This procedure can be used for driver and passenger windows.

More info here

·
Registered
38 Posts
Tstats,

Your procedure worked like a charm on my XC 90's driver side window. Thanks, thanks, thanks! The dealer wanted $75 to re program it. It now auto rolls up and stays! Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts