SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today after washing my car.... I decided to clean inside. For some strange reason when I tried opening my sunroof shade it became stuck a quarter of the way. I opened the sunroof window it opens all the way along with the shade. The shade closes all the way as well. I tried searching around the forum for answers. Any suggestions????

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I opened the sunroof window it opens all the way along with the shade. The shade closes all the way as well.
so whats the problem.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It sounds to be working normal.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys. I posted this while I was in a meeting. The shade does in fact open and close whenever I open the sunroof. The problem is that it is stuck almost half way whenever you try to pull the shade back without opening sunroof. The picture represents the farthest the shade can go with the sunroof closed. It feels like it bumps something each time I try.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Looks like passenger side is off track.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
There are 2 guide springs on each side of the shade. You can see them from outside the car with the glass slid all the way back. These bind and get all F'd up after awhile. Go to your dealer/vendor of choice and pick up a couple (usually it's just one, but, you know how it goes) and then force the shade closed. You can then see how which one(s) are bad. A small phillips's head will remove them.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I definitely feels like it is grinding on that side.
Exactly. So use those muscles and force it shut with the glass all the way back and from up top you'll see the mangled clip.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are 2 guide springs on each side of the shade. You can see them from outside the car with the glass slid all the way back. These bind and get all F'd up after awhile. Go to your dealer/vendor of choice and pick up a couple (usually it's just one, but, you know how it goes) and then force the shade closed. You can then see how which one(s) are bad. A small phillips's head will remove them.
Thanks will do.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok I was able to get it open all the way. It was a bad guide spring. Ordering a new one ASAP.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
RichNomad, not sure if you've noticed, but sent you a personal message on the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in same boat. How hard do you have to push to close sunshade? I am hesitant to wail on it for fear of breaking further.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am in same boat. How hard do you have to push to close sunshade? I am hesitant to wail on it for fear of breaking further.
I just kept pushing and pulling the shade back and forth and then it slid right open.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts