SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the front O2 sensor and it consistently comes back up with the "stuck rich" and runs open loop until the code is cleared, but after only a short time it comes right back. How can it be stuck rich? Bad sensor? It's a brand new Bosch.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I am currently getting stuck lean code, yet my car smokes black from being too rich.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else? If I hear anyone say "Use the search" I will punt their nads across a football field. Everyone knows that the search function is a POS.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Take the old and new sensor and make sure the length are the same. Maybe your new one is going too far inward, maybe put a thin washer on than pretention the line than screw it in. Make sure there are no hard kinks or severe twist that would disrupt or give false signals. Maybe your new sensor is faulty, they're very sensitive, might have been damaged.

After my DP rebuild, the rear sensor had signal issues, too lean, than too rich, and I didn't touch it for a week and it varied... undid the lines, made sure no kinks and secured the line much better than factory did - hasn't come up again and I have no O2 spacers/washers/90 degree bends/etc!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I put a spacer on the rear 02 cause I had some cels also.. Put the spacer on and some cels went away and some new ones showed up... I was like what the heck, my downpipe was not bolted tight enough to my turbo and the gasket was junk... That was fixed and all cels went away..

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I might have broken one of the three bolts holding the DP onto the turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts