SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C_kIWW8p0Dcp69Dg7eH9bz7U1fruPKh2?usp=sharing

So I just got this R and it needs work and im slowly replacing things. The struts all need replaced soon here but 1 has a ripped or cut or something wire that goes directly from the driver front strut base. Im positive its the wire the controls the whole strut and it gives me the chassis settings warning light and disable the 4c. Does anyone have a diagram or know where the wire should be connected to? Id like to find the connector so I can splice it back together until I get 4 new ones.

·
Registered
401 Posts
That's the 4C sensor wire. It goes to a connector in the engine bay at the strut tower, just behind the cross bar. Take a look at the coilover replacement threads, they have the connector part number.

·
Registered
101 Posts
On my '06 V70R 6MT the driver's front strut connects the the bottom plug in that group next to the strut tower. I took off the crossbar to make it easier to get to the plug.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anyone knows where is the plug under rear seats for the shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
Anyone knows where is the plug under rear seats for the shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The rear 4C connector is not under the seats. It's on the subframe. The passenger side you need to go under the car for, and reach up behind the gas tank. It's an absolute PITA to get to.

The driver side rear connector is on the subframe as well, but accessible from the wheel well.

Note these connectors are smaller than the front, and tend to be very hard to disconnect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts