SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: strut brace (dhellz)

A strut brace keeps the upper strut housings from flexing. When you add one it is supposed to "tighten" the feel of the front end. I have the VST front strut brace and it looks great! Did it tighten the front end up? Not really. More cosmetic than anything. If you are looking to "tighten" up the cars front end (and the rear for that matter) I would (and did) buy the trac spec sway bars from IPD. I hope this helps, Rick

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mash...wut kind of horsepower would you say you have with all the work you have done? does the car drive amazingly?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (dhellz)

I have gained 35hp to the wheels. I know that does not sound like alot but the seat of my pants tells me it is alot more! I have spent the great majority of my time and money on the cosmetic upgrades. Ie, body kit, custom audio, wheels and some custom painting, ecu upgrade, etc. I drive this car year round (yes in the Minnesota winters) so the reliability factor is huge for me. The most fun I have with this car is modding it to make it unlike anything I have seen in person. Basically making it mine. I just had a baby 9 months ago(my wife had it) and made the switch to a 4 door because of that. I thank my little guy for turning me into a "4 door modder" I really enjoy this car on a minute to minute basis. Rick

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (dhellz)

Yep it will. But that is to the flywheel. Not to the ground. I picked the IPD stage2 because of their quality of customer support and I ordered the option to have the torque limiter removed in 1st and 2nd gear on my automatic. By the way for the new guys here, if you did not know what GT stands for it is geartronic. Fancy name for and auto tranny with a tiptronic option.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Re: (Mash)

I second the recommendation. Get the sway bars and springs first, the car will handle amazing after that. For me the strut bar just made the steering feel tighter to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts