SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oem strut brace or ultra racing
which is better and which will provide room for a aftermarket intake pipe if wanted
is the ultra racing brace Stiffer than OEm

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Pretty sure the OEM is the thinnest of them all. Most intake pipes will clear a brace of any kind.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
OEM came in 1/2" and 1" versions. Smaller version is a joke- I bought one by mistake and didn't even bother installing since I could flex it by hand.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Those OE bars are,...... how should I put this? Worthless. Go aftermarket or fabricate something.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have that OE Bar installed, think it was the previous owner, or it came from factory, but judging from the looks of it, at that kind of thickness,there is no way that thing adds any amount of stiffnes or something....
i need to upgrade as soon as money comes in, the suspension by the previous owner is so riddicolously hard that its a must upgrade.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thicker generally translates to stiffer. Although there's also hallow or solid bar and material of the bar to consider. But with our front bias s40/v50, most people agree the RSB upgrade is the item you will notice more difference.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I Like the Look of the Euro Sports - Unit and They usually have a Spring Sale .

It's Not Going to Rust _ You have to put a Small Notch in the Battery Cover in the Back or Grind down the Battery Wire Clamp Bolt - as they are long .. the one sticking straight Up ..
Took 10 sec. on Bench Grinder ..

Found these to better Improvement from : WHITELINE .

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just looked up the EuroSport Strut Brace, looks nice but $56 to ship to Germany, no way!
Found another one at a german dealer -> ls-tuningparts.com
Maybe someone from Europe has that Strut Bar installed?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Quality Looks Excellant

Just looked up the EuroSport Strut Brace, looks nice but $56 to ship to Germany, no way!
Found another one at a german dealer -> ls-tuningparts.com
Maybe someone from Europe has that Strut Bar installed?
Really like the Billet Ends :thumbup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Really like the Billet Ends :thumbup:
I found more pictures online, looks like a really beautiful made piece. If all goes well I will pull the trigger on that end of February.

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts