SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering if a strut bar would really make any noticabe diffrence in handling on my c30 in daily driving, I found one for 75 bucks and thought it was a good deal, I have never been one to have one of these, but I thought it would be worth a shot for the price.

Does anyone know where they can find one cheaper, also do these bars cause stress on parts of the car and cause them to wear faster.

·
Super Moderator
15,197 Posts
A front strut bar will make a difference when cornering really fast or pushing your car in AutoX or mountain runs. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade, but I would put that money towards a rear sway bar first. That makes a bigger difference.
For $75, was it the Volvo sway bar or aftermarket? Most of the aftermarket bars are nice, the Volvo bar and the tiny little strut bar Volvo put in some later model P1s don't make as big of a difference.

A rear strut bar behind the back seats make a night and day difference. That's really where support is needed since the car is like a flexible cylinder (hatchback and wagon problem).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey I was wondering if a strut bar would really make any noticabe diffrence in handling on my c30 in daily driving, I found one for 75 bucks and thought it was a good deal, I have never been one to have one of these, but I thought it would be worth a shot for the price.

Does anyone know where they can find one cheaper, also do these bars cause stress on parts of the car and cause them to wear faster.
I have an oem redesign lying around in my garage. Email me and I can proudly get it to you cheaper.

[email protected]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey sorry it's taken me sooooo long to get back, my semester just stared up, I've decided to hold off on getting one for now, but Ill keep this in mind when I look again.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
The stock strut bar does not do much... The front is already so stiff that adding a strut bar makes minimal difference. I'm not even sure if it increases suspension travel.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Supposedly the oem bar was standard over in Europe. It doesn't do a whole lot but I do really like how it looks in the engine bay...

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Well the oem bar is standard on 2011+ rdesigns in the USA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.