SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I purchased the Curt 11065 trailer hitch (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045IWUJW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details). I have a 2007 C70. Struggling with installation because of the exhaust hanger. I don't think it is possible to install this on my car because it has two exhaust hangers on each tailpipe (after the muffler). See attached photo. The problem is the rear exhaust hanger (labeled 1 in photo) won't fit with the hitch supports. I think it would if I were to cut it off of the exhaust. How many exhaust hangers do your cars have here (after the rear muffler)? Curt lists compatibility with 2010+ C70 cars. The presence of only the hanger labeled 2 on later cars seems consistent with the instruction photos (attached), which don't show the rear-most hanger (labeled 1).
I expected this to take 20 minutes :)
Best,
Steve
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
I checked my back lot and had two C70s but both were pre-facelift Both had twin hangers like yours. No other P1s back there. This is just a guess... perhaps in later cars Volvo determined that extra hanger wasn't needed (or saved them enough to not bother). Maybe source the later hangers from a junk yard. The muffler might fit without cutting the hanger rod part even. There wouldn't bee too much weight and I'd probably let it go. If you want to just hack it up, you could probably do that too. Cut off then hanger and skip the junk yard trip.. but I'd personally rather do the swap and keep the other hanger has a spare.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. That is very kind of you to follow up. That is essentially what I ended up doing - I cut off the rear hangers on the exhaust and the bracket (labeled 'cut' in photo below). I don't think there is a way to install the hitch otherwise. The main problem is the hanger on the exhaust itself. The exhaust is now approximately 3/8" lower than previously, but I ordered a new rubber bushing support for the face-lift models that have one support back there thinking that it may hold the exhaust in a slightly higher position. Here are some photos with the hitch installed. Best, Steve
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire Wheel
Automotive tire Watercraft Asphalt Vehicle Aircraft
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
Nice. Seeing it with the hitch installed really makes the interference obvious. I don't think you'll ever notice the missing hanger... which is probably part of the reason Volvo dropped it themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts