SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a kook, I stripped one of the E6 torx bolts on the ABS module, guess I was too casual, oh well. So far, unable to remove it, ordered a smaller set of sockets, hopefully an E5 will seat on it enough to take. Otherwise, I have to remove the ABS hydraulic modulator to get at the ABS module.

If the ABS hydraulic modulator is removed, and upon reinstalling it, is there a proper sequence for bleeding the system after the brake pipes are attached. Does each corner have to be bled?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Each corner, with a suction gun - the one that bleeds from the caliper valve. Pressure bleeders won't do that.

In extreme cases you need to turn on/off ABS valves in VIDA to release trapped air to brake lines (and then bleed).

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
you stripped the head, or you stripped the hole? I'm assuming you stripped the head since you're talking about an e5.

hammer a smaller sized 12 point on it. hard.
it will probably come out.

and I've never had a problem with pressure bleeding a completely dry system. I've had more success with that than using my mityvac, or a compressor powered vacuum setup.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well it was an E5 screw to begin with so that might be why you stripped it. Try a couple of small 12 point sockets and see if you get any traction that way.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I stripped the head. Apparently the bolt head tapers, E5 at the head and E6 at the base. Anyhow, received an E5 in the mail today, not working out, I really mucked it up. I’ll try to find a smaller 12 pt socket of sorts. Is there a bolt extractor bit/socket that comes that small? So pissed I made project out of something so simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts