SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 V90CC T5
This topic has been discussed before on the forums, but I have a particular question as follows:
Our vehicle came with 3mos. trial sub. to the now familiar AT&T Internet service. For three months we enjoyed streaming both our Pandora and Spotify accounts, but never signed up for the paid service after trial period. Pandora went away as expected, but we still can stream Spotify through the Sensus “Vehicle modem Internet” setting. My question is, why Spotify? Is it because we have a paid-up VOC account? Is it over satellite?
(Only difference between the “free” streaming and over AT&T is that there is more “buffering” occurring with the former compared to the latter.)
Any clarity about free Spotify would be appreciated.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
496 Posts
2019 V90CC T5
This topic has been discussed before on the forums, but I have a particular question as follows:
Our vehicle came with 3mos. trial sub. to the now familiar AT&T Internet service. For three months we enjoyed streaming both our Pandora and Spotify accounts, but never signed up for the paid service after trial period. Pandora went away as expected, but we still can stream Spotify through the Sensus “Vehicle modem Internet” setting. My question is, why Spotify? Is it because we have a paid-up VOC account? Is it over satellite?
(Only difference between the “free” streaming and over AT&T is that there is more “buffering” occurring with the former compared to the latter.)
Any clarity about free Spotify would be appreciated.
Just a biproduct of how the system works. There was never any guarantee that streaming services of any kind would be included in the car's purchase... I only say this in the event that someday it does stop working without a data plan. However, that I could not tell you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just recently purchased a 2018 V90. I initially looked at the advantages of AT&T over my iPhones hotspot. I figured that as I am already paying for data that I rarely use, just stream to the car using my phone. I stream both Pandora and Spotify now. I thought the AT&T was a little excessive for me anyway. I have no need to make the vehicle a multi device wifi hub. If I did, then maybe it would be more justifiable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts