SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Streaming music from phone

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Fringe09 
#1 ·
Does anyone stream Apple Music from their phone? How is the quality?

#3 ·
I am a big Apple Music user. Quality is great. You can hear the difference when you switch to a Sirius radio station. Sound quality is night and day.

You can browse any song or playlist you have added to your account via touch screen. So you essentially have he entire Apple Music library available to play.

I have the standard audio system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I am a big Apple Music user. Quality is great. You can hear the difference when you switch to a Sirius radio station. Sound quality is night and day.

You can browse any song or playlist you have added to your account via touch screen. So you essentially have he entire Apple Music library available to play.

I have the standard audio system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is great. Is the music streaming via bluetooth or usb cable?

#5 ·
Both, either. Just depends how you have your phone connected. If it's plugged into the USB, you can choose to use either the "bluetooth" or "iPod" option to stream the music being played on the phone. I have the B&W stereo, and I'm pretty sure the sound quality significantly improves when I'm using the USB, but I'm not sure why that would be.

Also, if your iPhone is plugged in, you can "Hey, Siri" and ask it to play almost anything you can think of, and it will grab it from Apple Music, and create an shuffled playlist mixing stuff from different albums. I love that.

#7 ·
One other thing... I know people are down on the built-in voice recognition, but when you have your phone plugged in via USB, and after the Sensus has had time to index your music library (which seems to take about ten minutes) then you can use the built in voice recognition to "Play [song] or [artist]" and in my experience it works pretty well.

I'd like it if it didn't have to take ten minutes to index everything, every time... but I guess I have a lot of music on my phone.

Voice recognition works great, though.

#9 ·
That's exactly what I am doing. The sound quality is good enough for me but I am not an expert to comment on the details. No problem with the connectivity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.