SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roommate (person in the video) got a GoPro today so we thought we would test it out. Car only has an iPd rear sway. Other than that it's suspension completely stock (until KW's come in).

More in 12 days when the K-dubs come in. Also going to strap a shotgun mic to it to get better sound.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: Strapped a video camera to the car (BtownVolvo)

Looks fun, now go get in a high speed chase.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Re: Strapped a video camera to the car (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »
Looks fun, now go get in a high speed chase.

LOL

nice clip! I was wondering - are all roads in such a bad condition there?
should be really bad with coilovers, eh?

you seem to get really good results with that gopro thing http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
I wonder if its possible to duct tape my canon onto the drivers side door

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Re: Strapped a video camera to the car (crossie)

crossie said:
LOL

nice clip! I was wondering - are all roads in such a bad condition there?
should be really bad with coilovers, eh?

Wow! you consider that to be bad roads?! That is paradise valley roads compared to where i live.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: Strapped a video camera to the car (Vash13)

I can vouch for that... BC canada is a never ending construction site its freakin bad http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I will never get coilovers for the roads here in Vancouver. Moof can since she lives all the way out in Abbostford which isn't too bad. Crossie I need to see some pictures of your roads there.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Re: (Vash13)

Quote, originally posted by Vash13 »
I will never get coilovers for the roads here in Vancouver. Moof can since she lives all the way out in Abbostford which isn't too bad. Crossie I need to see some pictures of your roads there.

.... I don't live in Abbotsford??

I'm also in downtown Vancouver 4+ times a week so I'm well versed in the roads there. Vash, you really need to try out some coilovers before you settle with springs!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I already have springs on my car =(. I don't think I have the guts to dig deep into my pockets for coilovers plus I already sorta regret lowering it because my ride is a lot more harsh with my 19s. I can't imagine how much more stiff coilovers can get.

sorry was it maple ridge?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Re: (Vash13)

Quote, originally posted by Vash13 »
Crossie I need to see some pictures of your roads there.
sorry to hijack the thread...

(I haven't found any specific pictures of roads round here, but I think you get the idea...)

view from my workplace (inner city duesseldorf)

and road conditions where we go and fool around (no cops etc...)

another one

·
Registered
773 Posts
Your road looks a lot better than England's piece of $hit roads.
I thought Cali was bad until I came here.

Nice video though...
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Re: (jdsr917)

Cool video. I've been thinking about an onboard camera. A lot of my tuner friends have them.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (Revolve40)

I wonder: can law enforcement use your video against you? Say you were speeding or goofing off, got pulled over, and they see the video camera. I would think they could, so I'd be afraid of that aspect. Obviously not planning on driving super crazy or getting a camera, just a thought I had. I've been watching too many crime-solving tv shows lately, lol.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Re: (carreragt7)

Well, I'm not sure if they can peg you for having a camera in your car, but I do know that you can get them in trouble if you have one. I remember not too long ago I guy getting pulled over for nothing and the cop went ape sh!t on him for no reason at all and had no idea he was being recorded. Cop got what was coming to him. It's an interesting read: http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/19/1961.asp

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

That is an interesting read...would be fun to see what happened to the cop. I know it says he was put on unpaid leave for the investigation but I would think he'd lose his certification and everything else. Cop does that to me I would have lost my cool a long time before.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

I had a camera mounted to my roll bar in my teg always wanted to get some footage of getting pulled over with it. Thats awesome he actually had that rolling since im sure he was able to sue the station both times.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Crossie,

I lived in Dusseldorf for two months and absolutely loved it. I miss that place so much. Beer has never been the same as in the altstadt.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Re: (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »
I wonder: can law enforcement use your video against you? Say you were speeding or goofing off, got pulled over, and they see the video camera. I would think they could, so I'd be afraid of that aspect. Obviously not planning on driving super crazy or getting a camera, just a thought I had. I've been watching too many crime-solving tv shows lately, lol.

YES if they seize the car or camera they can use it against you in a court of law i know there is some way to get out of it but i do know they can use it ...

My friend used to race with his RSX against ppl and film it, he got pulled and car got impounded cops used tape it court but since the speedo was not visible they could only say he was racing and nothing more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts