SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning while passing an 18-wheeler I went from 60 or so to 75 using mid-throttle. My car suddenly felt as if the ignition had been cut on and off a few times quickly. I looked at my turbo boost gauge and it was pegged! I have never had that happen before. Funny part was, I was only at 4000 RPM as this happened. I think that the "overboost" switch cut fuel on me, but what would couse this to happen? My car is bone-stock and is running like a champ. (25+ MPG highway) I have been driving the car a little hard this morning after the incident trying to duplicate the "fault" but have only been able to grin as the car screams like never before. It's not that I am complaining about the extra performance but I know something is not right, any suggestions?<P>Prospero

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was look'n at the audiworld forum and came accross this... does it sound like the same thing?<BR> <A HREF="http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/543034.phtml" TARGET=_blank>http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/543034.phtml</A> <P><P>

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up! The problem indicated in the thread is not like mine. I have actually had a serious performance gain out of the deal. I plan on taking off the heat shield and looking around the turbo area later on. I love the extra power and nice high-boost, but I don't want to cook the turbo. After talking with another Volvo guy, we both seem to be on the same page. I'll post the results. I think that it is the wastegate.<P>Prospero

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the mod consisted of turning in the threaded shaft by 4 turns. This is a common adjustment, nothing too difficult. I wish that it was the problem, but I think it is the actuator valve that may have simply died. I hopefully will have the chance to take the car apart tonight after work. (I keep forgetting that the car has 180k miles on the clock.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts