SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so in new to the FWD world. drove a 240 before, but to the point . i just picked up a 1999 S80 T6 with 150,000 miles for $2,000. and the tranny does something weird

In drive at a complete stop if i try to accelerate regularly the tranny slips and it revs to like 2-3k then slams in gear. only happens in first gear.
It does not happen when i feather it out of a stop and i mean feather.

and it DOES NOT have any problems if i use the TIP-TRONIC mode. i got some Lucas in there and it helped alot but it still happens just not as bad. . what do you guys think is the tranny going. ???? or should i just drive in Tip-Tronic mode

thnaks guys sorry if this is a repost i tryed to search but didnt find a problem like mine. i might suck at searching to,..

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Re: Strange tranny issue with my new s80 T6 (2kS80T6)

Quote, originally posted by 2kS80T6 »

In drive at a complete stop if i try to accelerate regularly the tranny slips and it revs to like 2-3k then slams in gear. only happens in first gear.
It does not happen when i feather it out of a stop and i mean feather.

I'm familiar with an early T6 issue that involved a shudder when upshifting but I haven't heard of many problems with first gear. The GM 4T65 had issues right out of the box.

I'd guess that you have a clutch issue...

Any service records with the car for transmission complaints?

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,291 Posts
Re: Strange tranny issue with my new s80 T6 (2kS80T6)

Quote, originally posted by 2kS80T6 »
a 1999 S80 T6 with 150,000 miles for $2,000.

Says it all.

Get ready for a new tranny.

~$8k at Don Beyer Falls Church. May be cheaper elsewhere. I had a 2002.5 S80 T6 so I speak from experience.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you check to see if all the software updates have been done for the tranny? Sounds like logic/sensor problem or possibly sticky control valve. eg maybe valve sticks until a certain pressure is reached and then wam it shifts and engages the clutche(s).....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts