SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone notice the strange sound while using the pilot assist from the lower driver side.
The sound is like 'ta-ta-ta....'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
I hear the "clicking" sound as well, my theory is that some sort of relay is being opened/closed to control the automated steering.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D
I hear the "clicking" sound as well, my theory is that some sort of relay is being opened/closed to control the automated steering.
Do you hear the continually clicking sound when system automatically applies break?

·
Registered
70 Posts
In my case I believe it's the brakes because when I just use adaptive cruise control that sound still comes up when the vehicle slows down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
D
Do you hear the continually clicking sound when system automatically applies break?

In my case I hear it only when the steering wheel is correcting the direction. I do not hear to when breaking.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yup. I hear the same thing. I thought I was going crazy!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Not 100% since I'm not in the car and these sounds are pretty faint but I think there may be a noise associated with each function, more multiple clicks for steering and another click-like noise when the brake applies.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The sounds seem like they are coming from near the footwell area. It is a muted click sound about a quarter as loud as the turn signal indicator or like a muffled popping bubble wrap sound. I routinely get about a dozen of these clicks in the first 15 seconds of driving or so -- e.g. when reversing out of a parking space, putting the car into to drive, and then driving down the driveway and turning onto the street. Then regularly while Pilot Assist is on. I'm sure with any other car, I would never notice it, but since the XC-90 is so quiet, they are hard to miss.

·
Registered
674 Posts
MY XC90 may make these sounds, but it would be difficult to hear them over the Pink Floyd blasting on the stereo ... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts