SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl!
Is it so that the smell could come from the new hoses of Viva.s FMIC:kit!??
Any one who has feelt the a strange smell after a FMIC.installation!???

//Tristan

·
Registered
463 Posts
If the evenings have been getting cooler in your locale - check for dead critters that may have crawled in there to keep warm....

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I swear I've heard stories of rats crawling into the engine bay and chewing in the wires, hell it happened to me about a yr and half ago.

I believe someone from Sweden posted photos of s huge rat like creature that was chewing on the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I swear I've heard stories of rats crawling into the engine bay and chewing in the wires, hell it happened to me about a yr and half ago.

I believe someone from Sweden posted photos of s huge rat like creature that was chewing on the wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It smells like warm rubber..!!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
It smells like warm rubber..!!
The snabb intake pipe can get melted by the metal brake booster lines. Check out the blue silicone, I'm sure that's what is burning on yours. You'll have to bend those metal lines out of the way. Hopefully you didn't burn through.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
My fmic smelled the same for a little bit.

·
Registered
710 Posts
OR..you have some plastic melted to your exhaust and have only recently noticed the smell

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I would not worry about it like I said after my FMIC install I had the same smell for a week or two.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I did. I even brought it back to my indy and had them look and they said it was normal with new parts, couplers and intercooler. I guess it could be something else I'm just telling what mine did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts