SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had experience of rattling noises from the rear? I had the car looked at and it seemed the exhaust was not sitting in the brackets. But even after being fixed, it is no way near as quiet as my S60. Whenever I drive over bumps that rear rattles like crazy. Its so bad (in my opinion) that when I drive my S60 it feels like a luxury car compared to the C70.

Is this just the way the C70 is, or do I have a suspension problem? I was hoping that if I changed to Koni adjustable sport kit that it should be better.

Any suggestions or comments?

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Re: Strange rattles from the rear (Token)

My C70 may be/look like a luxury car, but it sure doesn't drive like one. The ride is nice, but not as smooth as it should be. I also find I hear a constant pulsing sound at highway speeds. rrRRrrRRrrRRrrRRrr

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Re: Strange rattles from the rear (Token)

Did you check the jack? I hate the way they cameup with the mount as much as the stupid design of the jack! You scrape your knucles on the ground cranking that thing.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right I've narrowed down what I dont like about this car:

1. Wobbly ride
2. Rattles from the rear
3. Doesn't 'sit' on the road as securely as the S60.

What remedy action can I take to solve the above? I'm seriously considering changing to Koni Sport suspension. If do that do you think my problems will be over? Or should I just cut my losses and ditch the car?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok the problem has been identified.

All the rubber bushings or whatever they're called have been dried out. This probably happened when the rear bumper was repainted, or because the car was stood about in a dry atmosphere without being driven.

The suspension is an unknown problem. Basically its just crap. So the rectify the problem I need to change all rubber bushings and get the Koni Sport suspension.

Various trim problems also exist, but i'll accept those for now because its such a dated car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts