SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings forum members. First post here. We picked up our new Inscription model about two weeks ago. It is primarily my wife's DD.
We're still climbing the rather steep learning curve with respect to all the new tech features. So, here's the issue.

My wife says that when she steps on the brakes the radio goes into mute - volume goes to zero - and she needs to reset the volume. It seems to happen primarily when she's coming to a full stop (like a stop sign) or quickly slowing down from highway speed. But does not happen under more moderate brake pressure.

Anyone else experience this, or have an idea what might be going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Mac

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never experienced it but it should be an intervention of IDIS (Intelligent Driver Information System). You can find on internet literature on Volvo IDIS.From what I remember IDIS if you are approaching a cross or push hard on brakes can put on hold any incoming telephone call and decrease radio volume.
Well it got more interesting on the wife's ride home from work last night. She hit a pot hole and the radio muted. I'm beginning to think we have a loose connection somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts