SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was on my way the the bowling alley with my wife and we got stuck behind a slow driver, finally when he turned off I stepped down about half throttle and i watched my boost gauge climb immediately to 18 psi and spiked at 20. Well anyway, that was the first and only time it has ever done that and I even attempted to repeat the circumstances after we finished bowling. <p>Anyone have any idea why this might have happened?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Strange pressure spike???? (Overun73)

And I forgot to add, I just did a PCV system replacement and while I had the intake off I cleaned it thoroughly.<p>And the car is bone stock!

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Is your boost gauge on the manifold side of the throttle body or on the intake side of the throttle body?<p>

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (VOGZ)

I believe its the red hose, if memory serves. And in regards to where I should be tee'ing off of, intake manifold? lol, I am totall new to turbo cars and volvos, please help.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
If you are reading boost on the intake side of the throttle plate, then you will see much higher numbers, because the turbo begins spooling and with the throttle not fully open, it will create a huge pressure drop across the throttle, so while the engine may only see 8psi at that point, the charge piping may be floating with a much higher number.<p>Make sure the boost is coming from the intake manifold. You want to see what the engine sees, and nothing else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts