SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the way to work today and all of a sudden I started hearing this very strange popping noise coming from the dash area. Sounds like it is coming from the rear center of the dash and I don't really know how to describe it. It kinda sounds like an arcing but I can't see or smell anything electrical but it is pretty loud. It doesn't do it sitting still, more when you hit a bump, or braking. It does not sound like anything in the suspension at all, definitely the dash area. Any ideas, I have never heard anything like it before in a car. Recently installed the bluetooth about a week ago, it works perfectly, so I don't think it has anything to do with it. I turned the radio off, AC off, still make the sound. Any ideas, I will call the dealership in the morning.<p>Another question, does the bluetooth play through the center speaker or just the side door speakers? I do not hear it through the center speaker but the popping sound seems to be coming from around that area but still does it with the radio off and it does not sound like it is coming from the speaker itself.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured out where the noise was coming from, it was the center speaker area. I turned the center speaker volume up all of the way and noticed I wasn't getting any sound. I took the radio back out, couldn't find any loose wires or connections, re-read the instructions and everything looked good. I took all connections from the harness apart and re-connected them and immediately heard the center speaker. Drove the car and so far the sound is gone also. Must have been a bad connection but it made the strangest noise and didn't sound like it was the speaker itself. The bluetooth always worked perfectly but anyways it's fixed.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: Strange Popping Noise? (C130)

sounds like you blew the coil out on the speaker. But could also be a ground issue. Try putting in a new speaker and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts