SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,<p>When i start the car (MY04, with 107,000KM) after it sits for sometimes, immediately after the engine starts and revs it make a noise or rattle like a fan that you put a screwdriver in it for a 1-2 seconds and then stops, it never happens again unless the car sits for another 30 minutes or more. the car runs great otherwise.<p>Any idea or experience with this issue?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: Strange noise or rattle at start up (kamiar)

Sounds like it's coming from inside the dash? I've had it very infrequently, and have no idea what's really driving it. It's felt to me like something in the climate control system, but hasn't been repeatable enough to really diagnose.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes like from inside the dash more in passenger side or maybe the other side of firewall...

·
Registered
125 Posts
i hear a similar noise on my 04 V70 with 120,000 miles. It sounds like the rattle is coming from the driverside engine bay on my car. I have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very difficult to diagnose, no mechanic could find the problem yet! pls post your findings...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (kamiar)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<p>I know it is not a volvo, but mine makes th exact same rattle when the engine is warm and car restsfor 15-30 minutes...<p><A HREF="http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...2787_noise.flv" TARGET="_blank">http://s68.photobucket.com/alb...e.flv</A> <p>They are saying the camshaft gears (CVVT) units, that are faulty and need oil pressure to build up hence takes 1 second of this rattle and then itis normal, unless the car rests another 15-30 minutes.<p>What you guys think? please i need your advise as my warranty expires on 16th Sep.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As i was suspecting the noise was from the CVVT, they replaced both intake and exhaust camshaft gear and hub assembly and seals, now all OK and quite...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts