SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 2.4T has a new noise. When I start the car, as the engine is starting, there's a sort of "Wheeee"<br>sound...kind of like a fan quickly spinning up to high speed or something slipping. IIRC, it only does this on warm starts. It doesn't always happen on warm starts though.<p>I've only got a few months of warranty left, so I figure I need to get the dealership to start looking into this and my flakey/intermittent left turn signal again.<p>Any clue what the noise might be?

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
Re: Strange new noise (njl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>njl</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My 02 2.4T has a new noise. When I start the car, as the engine is starting, there's a sort of "Wheeee"<br>sound...kind of like a fan quickly spinning up to high speed or something slipping. IIRC, it only does this on warm starts. It doesn't always happen on warm starts though.<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>It's almost certainly a belt slipping a bit when cold. No big deal, easy for the dealer to fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts