SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have one question: Can I program a special code that would start the engine like in movies The Transporter, Transporter 2??? I have heard that is possible but how?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Re: Strange Idea. (v8race)

In this movie didn't the driver have to key in a code first and then hit the 'start' button?<p>If this is the case it's theoretically possible but I'd wonder why. Way back when (late 80s) when I was in college I received a car from my parents for my use. I had a device installed (very popular at the time in Boston) that required a code to be input before the car could start. I assume some variation of this is still around probably for older cars that precede coded microchip keys.<p>Whether or not you can find someone who knows if they have to cut into the MOST setup or not and is willing to do it might be a different issue altogether.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: Strange Idea. (rollie)

The car already requires a code to start. Its just stored in the key instead of typed on a pad.<p>Given the Volvo system, I would say that it is impossible to alter the system to allow a keypad system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts