SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what this end button is used for? Possibly ejecting the passenger through the sun roof?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Temporarily turning off the inclination and movement alarm sensor(s) - accessory. This button will only be found in vehicles equipped with the accessory inclination and/or movement sensors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are inclination /movement sensors, that's different then the rear park assist?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
784 Posts
They're the sensors that detect movement in the car once it's locked and alarm set.

I press it if I'm locking the car with the kids in. Turn the engine off...press the button...get out...lock the car with the remote. The button only works one time so it's deactivated next time you turn the ignition.

Looking round for that RTFM smiley :) ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
They're the sensors that detect movement in the car once it's locked and alarm set.
Also movement *of* the car. The idea is for the alarm to go off if someone gets locked in, or if someone tries to steal the car by towing it away. There are situations where you don't want these to set it off, so there's a button.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
This is the rear bumper parking sensors the ones that beep when you approach say another vehicle.

I used this when i had a basket attached to the hitch because the system was going off in solid beep. Thats all that its for.

·
Registered
63 Posts
An example of when to use it;

you're gonna leave a dog or passenger in the car, after ignition off and before opening the door you press this button.
It will illuminate as per the rear park deactivation button in your pic, then it will de-activate the movement sensors in the car and disable the deadlock function on the doors, so passengers can still get out from the inside.

This way the alarm does not trigger when the dog goes beserk from people passing by and winding the bugger up :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
To simplify a bit, it's the button that turns the security alarm's motion sensor off.

XC90s with that button have both an interior motion sensor (if someone breaks your glass and rummages through the interior, or if there's a thief hiding in your backseat or something...) and an exterior motion sensor, which would trigger if someone's trying to tow the car, for example.

The button is there to disable it when needed, like in the leaving your dogs in the car example above, or when the car is on a ferry – the rocking from the waves will make the locked and armed car think it's being towed away, so the alarm will go off. If you've ever been on a ferry and wondered why people's alarms go off randomly, it's b/c they didn't press this button before locking the car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts