SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have the same problem with their AC?... I start the car and switch the climate control to "Auto". It will come on full blast and after about 30 seconds it shuts off completely (even the light on the AC button goes from green to red). It does this repeatedly, as if it is shorting out, and sometimes it stays off for minutes.

I have been to the dealer for this 5 times! They started out by blaming me, telling me that the AC will shut off under hard acceleration to reduce load on the engine. It happens at idle, so much for that theory. Long story short... relay has been replaced twice, new software has been downloaded, and the latest was installing a surge supression harness on the blower motor.

So, I think that it's all fixed... nope. 109 degrees here in Phoenix today and I had no AC for 10 minutes of my ride home. The icing on the cake... I get a recall notice in the mail when I get home. The latest thing they did was allegedly the fix stated in the recall letter. So now what???

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, were you successful in getting it fixed properly. I have only two dealers here in Phoenix, and in my opinion they both suck. Maybe if I hand them specific instructions...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Jonboy34,

I don't know if any other S40/V40 owners receive this but I got a letter from Volvo telling me to take my car in for service b/c of a defect in the climate control. Did anyone else get this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My car has already been in for this but the ECC was not giving any trouble anyway. I do know that it was some faulty wiring which would cause premature failure on the blower so it might be the final cure, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i also got the recall notice yesterday, but it's really just to add a diode to the Climate Control system to try to prevent the defroster from failing to operate. i don't think this could be related to the initial problem,...

cheers!
e

1 - 5 of 5 Posts