SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Friday I got my new exhaust (straight pipe) fitted at Cybox Exhausts in UK for £285 which is a bargain! It's a 3" Inch pipe from cat. It's loud bad aint too bad when you start driving but it sounds amazing when you but your foot down, backfires alot and pops etc.... Driving 60mph in cruise control isn't that bad!

I'm not too sure on the tip as they couldn't do a twin tip...

Here's some pictures:

I took some videos:

teaser -

tunnel run -

acceleration -

I will be doing some more videos when I get my new camera :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Watch out, you're on the wrong side of the road! You'd be surprised how much the cat deadens sound.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Watch out, you're on the wrong side of the road! You'd be surprised how much the cat deadens sound.
Noticed it wasn't as loud as I was expecting. I just had my exhaust off and drove with an open downpipe (stock) and the car screamed what seems like 2x as loud as this... Loved it!

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
this makes me wana make a video of my R's roar from out side...lol...just yesterday I WOT it taking off and 30 seconds later a friend calls me and says "you just floor it and shifted from 1st to 2nd and let off.. " i said " yes...how do you know? where are you ? " he said " at home, i know the sound of your 20g screeming...lolol " he was freaking 1 mile away...:D

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Sounds quiet lol

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Here's mine from last year or something.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
IMHO that tip would be fine if it were a straight edge instead of the rolled lip, but those type of tips are not as popular as the rolled tips so they are much harder to find.

If you wanted to do super simple you could polish a 6" section of normal 3" pipe and it would look very good (as long as the exhaust is made from SS and not mild steel as the mild steel won't keep a polish).

I think the simple strait or even slash cut tips that are not rolled look really good, and have had several exhausts over the years that did this. Apex WS exhaust on my Talon, 3" mandrel bent but with the least ricy tip and a quiet muffler.

My Typhoon had an ATR exhaust with a simple 3" slash cut tip.

Really just a 3" tip is plenty being enough on a 3" exhaust.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
To bad you lost HP :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds nice, is the cabin noise bearable?

Here is a shot of my mostly straight pipe, lol :cool:

nice, where you get the downpipe from?

The cabin noise isn't that bad but I don't have a downpipe/decat so yours might be a little louder! At 60mph you can hear it slighty but it was wasn't as bad as my civic type r... A little music will overpower it.

I'll see if i can record a video for you doing 60mph. Don't know if you'll pick up the noise as it's on my iphone! still waiting for my GoPro.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
That is the regular steel 'maximizer' brand downpipe you can find through various vendors. It required a bit of tweaking to fit right, but now that it does is works and sounds good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts