SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at front and rear rotors, anyone use the Stop tech rotors from tire rack? I know DRT are popular on here, Stop Tech a little cheaper wondering about quality though..

Thanks

·
Registered
876 Posts
Rotors that I purchased from DRT were made by Centric Parts. Centric Parts = Power Slot = StopTech.

·
Registered
13,462 Posts
I got the Stop Tech drilled rotors from Tirerack a few months ago and probably have 2k miles on them. I think they work great and have the e-coating or whatever they call it so the rotor hats haven't rusted yet. They do hum a little when braking hard but that would be the case with any drilled rotor.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok sounds like im good either way , thanks for input :)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
My powerslot slotted (not drilled) rotors hum like crazy once they get hot. It's interesting, really.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
My drilled and slotted power slots do not make any noise at all.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
My slotted DRT rotors used to squeal like crazy as the brake dust was channeled away from the pad. Those slots then grab a new surface with no dust to slide on. Thus they squeal. It's like a cheesegrater :p

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
My slotted DRT rotors used to squeal like crazy as the brake dust was channeled away from the pad. Those slots then grab a new surface with no dust to slide on. Thus they squeal. It's like a cheesegrater :p

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
I had DRT slotted rotors and now have GiroDisc two piece slotted rotors - no squeal here. Yes, there is some hum at higher speeds, but nothing crazy.
Squeal in summer time was the reason I did not go with OEM setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts