SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2016 Inscription XC90. My wife and I separately have been “stranded” in inopportune places where the engine doesn’t start back when you let off the brake. Warning flashes on screen to ensure car is in P or N (which we put it into, but we get nothing from trying to start it). I’ve been able to crack the door open (kind of a reset for everything), and then start the engine. I know you can simply turn off the feature with a right-swipe of the senses screen and turn off the feature, however the default is for it to be on, so it is activated on any subsequent use of the vehicle. Until I can get it checked at the dealer, how can I permanently defeat the start/stop feature (We usually keep the car in Comfort mode, if that matters).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Recently purchased a 2016 Inscription XC90. My wife and I separately have been "stranded" in inopportune places where the engine doesn't start back when you let off the brake. Warning flashes on screen to ensure car is in P or N (which we put it into, but we get nothing from trying to start it). I've been able to crack the door open (kind of a reset for everything), and then start the engine. I know you can simply turn off the feature with a right-swipe of the senses screen and turn off the feature, however the default is for it to be on, so it is activated on any subsequent use of the vehicle. Until I can get it checked at the dealer, how can I permanently defeat the start/stop feature (We usually keep the car in Comfort mode, if that matters).
There isn't a way for pre 2019 XC90s. The only way is to setup an Individual Drive Mode with auto-start off and remember to select it every time you get into the car, which I am now in the habit of.

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
Recently purchased a 2016 Inscription XC90. My wife and I separately have been "stranded" in inopportune places where the engine doesn't start back when you let off the brake. Warning flashes on screen to ensure car is in P or N (which we put it into, but we get nothing from trying to start it). I've been able to crack the door open (kind of a reset for everything), and then start the engine. I know you can simply turn off the feature with a right-swipe of the senses screen and turn off the feature, however the default is for it to be on, so it is activated on any subsequent use of the vehicle. Until I can get it checked at the dealer, how can I permanently defeat the start/stop feature (We usually keep the car in Comfort mode, if that matters).
1. I'd get the dealer to check immediately. In the interim, take out your cell phone and record the incidences in the off chance dealer cannot replicate. Take videos whenever this happens.

2. Start stop relies upon the car's battery. So wonder if your battery has a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.