SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has a 2015.5 XC-60 with the 4 Cylinder engine which has the start stop feature. He complains that it seems to be too sensitive in that it shuts down the engine too quickly. I told him there is probably a feature or program change so he can disable it and it will not activate until you enable the feature again. Is this true. I know BMWs has a setting that you set so it stays disengaged.

thnks

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
There are plenty of threads around, re: this subject. The only way to disable it, during a drive cycle, is to either drive in Sport mode or push the A/S button on the center console. It will never be deactivated, permanently.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Basically - what Grecian said. I was always pretty surprised that BMW retrofitted the "remember last setting" on the stop/start feature. I always ASSUMED that the S/S was required to meet the EPA numbers and allowing folks to turn it off would be met with the same type of disdain that, well, VW's bypass of emissions was met with.

Having said that, one of the greatest variables in fuel economy is how a given operator drives their car. If one person drives like a granny, they may get great mileage as compared to the lead foot who rockets from one stop sign to the next. Indeed, "sport mode", as Grecian notes, already overrides this feature and is a "user preference"...of course it too has to be selected each time a person gets in the car.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Volvo should have an option to disabling S/S before coming to a full stop. The activation below 7km/h is really stupid and counter-productive IMO.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I do not say never often, but I will NEVER have start/stop that can not be disabled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts